Monday, March 23, 2015

Revision

My Bonus picture for the month.
Revision
Easy question: why is it necessary? Hard question: do you enjoy it?

Bonus: Take a selfie/novel-ie of you/your novel in the midst of revision.

Another WriYe blogging circle prompt has come around and it fits with my current theme on editing and revision. I spend the majority of this year (though it's only March) editing something and I've been struggling through it. But my writing needs it. There are plot holes and grammatical errors that need to be resolved. My first drafts are far from perfect. I can't imagine someone's first draft being perfect.

No first draft is perfect. Heck, it's probably not even close to great. That is why editing is necessary. It helps bring that first draft to a somewhat better second draft. It helps bring a story closer to what you wanted to write.

I don't enjoy editing my own work but I love editing stories that belong to someone else. Right now, I'm working on finding some kind of system that helps me but I haven't really found one that works for me just yet. It probably won't happen any time soon either. Once I find a system, I think it will become a little more enjoyable for me but until then, I'm not fond of picking through my own stories. 



No comments:

Post a Comment