Friday, June 23, 2017

Writing Update: Critique Partners


So this week has been interesting. I've been participating in a lot more Twitter chats and meeting other writers. Putting myself out there. It's strange, but I like being able to talk to other writers. They are fun to talk to and it interesting to see what everyone is writing. 

Earlier this week, I decided to post something on Goodreads about needing a critique partner. And I found two. I'm so excited to be able to do this. One of my CPs already sent back the chapters I sent him and gave me great advice. Admittedly, I was a bit nervous. I knew there were things that were lacking. I'm not a perfect writer, after all. I already see where I need to improve and I can't wait to get started on fixing my mistakes. Which I have a lot. 

Whenever I got back and edit a sentence, sometimes I forget to make sure it all fits right so my sentence ends up being a mess. Yeah. Well, that's something I need to be more aware of. Unfortunately, I can't go through and make my changes until after I finish with his work. It won't take me long but these last few days have been crazy. I need to get these to him by tomorrow. At least I started on them.

I did notice my use of filter words has increased. It's bad. Though, I do use them a lot in daily life, especially when working with kids. Small kids. I emphasis on certain things with the use of these filter words. I'm getting better - kind of. I'm making a conscious effort to not transfer it into my writing. That's easier said than done. Oh well, I'm working on it at least.

Next week, I'm hoping to have my first two chapters of Survival Agreement polished and ready. I'm planning on publishing one of them here on my website after I clean them up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment