Tuesday, May 16, 2017

WriYe Blogging Circle: The Beginning and Now


Why did you start writing?

Bonus:

How has your writing improved since you first started?

When I was in the 2nd grade, my teacher encouraged me to write stories. I've always scored pretty high in reading and comprehension since I was younger, I just didn't enjoy reading. My teachers would always start me off in the lowest Language Arts class because I showed no interest in the subject, but then I would get pushed to the highest class...even then it was too easy. So, my 2nd grade teacher wanted me to write my own stories. 

I'm going to assume this was a way for her to gauge my interests because I can't really see any other reason why she pulled me aside and encouraged me to start writing. Well, let's just say, that I ended up loving it. I've always been into writing. Even research papers (I love research papers and essays). It's easy and I like the research behind it. Though, even after discovering my love for writing, I really hated reading...it took until I was in the 6th grade (11 years old...ish) when I actually found something that I actually liked. 

How has my writing improved since I first started writing...? Um...well, my grammar, syntax, and organizational skills definitely improved. I think my plots have improved too...I mean, I was 7 years old when I started writing. Needless to say, there was a lot of improvement from the time I was 7 until now (I'm 27 years old now).  

No comments:

Post a Comment