Saturday, October 8, 2016

NaNoWriMo 2016: Mirror Magic Series



What inspired the idea for your novel, and how long have you had the idea?
I was going through my Talecraft cards last year when I came up with this idea. It was just a small idea then but when I finally sat down to plan it, it became a huge idea that turned into a douology. I plan on writing both of them for NaNoWriMo. They are called Mirror Magic and Mirror Mage.

Describe what your novel is about! 
The whole series is about a girl who has to figure out her magic, why it's different from the other magics, and she has to find out how to use it.

What is your book’s aesthetic? Use words or photos or whatever you like! (First Novel)
Whenever I think of this book, other than mirrors, I think of a forest in the winter. The dead trees everywhere, snow coating the ground and it just over all makes it hard for people to hide. It's kind of bleak and bare.

Introduce us to each of your characters! (First Novel)
Luca Moran - Named after her father because they thought they were having a boy. The MC who has to figure out her magic, deal with discrimination due to the mark on her forehead, and stay hidden from the army that has been trying to capture her.

I'll keep it at my main character. Anyone else will really spoil the plot.

How do you prepare to write? (Outline, research, stocking up on chocolate, howling, etc.?)
I love outlining, researching, and world building. Those are my favorite things to do when I'm planning out my novels. I used to just write without guidelines but I found myself writing a lot of filler. So my outlines are scene-by-scene but they are loose enough to allow me creative freedom.

What are you most looking forward to about this novel?
I'm looking forward to actually writing it. It's not what I usually write because it's very character driven rather than plot driven. I don't write many character driven novels or stories.
List 3 things about your novel’s setting.(First Novel)

  • Cold, winter
  • Lots of Forests
  • Tense air due to the Kingdom's main problem. 
What’s your character’s goal and who (or what) stands in the way? (First Novel)
Her main goal is to learn how to use her magic and how she can use it to protect herself and others that she cares about. There are many things that stand in her way, the army, the Kingdom's rebellion, and herself.

How does your protagonist change by the end of the novel? (First Novel)
She will have better understanding about herself and her magic.

What are your book’s themes? How do you want readers to feel when the story is over? (First novel)
Don't be afraid of doing things alone. That basically covers the first novel. 



If you'd like to fill this out, click the image below and be sure to check out the other blogs as well.


2 comments:

  1. I like it! Kind of a figuring-out-who-you-are story. I can relate. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, basically. The first novel is, at least.

      Tracey

      Delete