Sunday, March 13, 2016

Editing And All That Fun Stuff





What is the one thing you struggle with when it comes to editing? What is the one thing that you find easy to do? What is your favorite editing tip?

Bonus: Take a selfie/novel-ie of you/your novel in the midst of revision.

My biggest issues when it comes to editing a novel is finishing the edits. I struggle with rewriting the parts that need work. I have no problem tearing through my novel, though it takes me a lot of time since I'm a little picky but it's worth it.

Editing in itself is a monster, especially when it's your first time. I've edited  a few things but the only things I've ever completed were a few short stories. The satisfaction just after finishing those was rather nice and I'm hoping that I'll feel very accomplished after finishing editing a novel. 

My favorite editing tip would be to know what you wanted your story to be about before you start editing. It seems like a weird editing thing but by knowing what you want from your novel will help you focus on where the changes need to happen. Sometimes, I lose focus on what I'm working on but I have it written down in a place where I can see it, so it keeps me on track.

The image above is the closest thing I have on the novel I'm currently editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment