Tuesday, January 3, 2017

WriYe Blogging Circle: More and more goals




What’s your Wriye Word Count goal and why did you chose it? What are you going to be focusing on this year? What are you doing differently this year compared to last year?

Bonus:

What are you most excited about for in 2017? Writing wise or not. Let us know!

The Blogging Circle for 2017 is up and thought I've already written a post about my goals, I'll be a little more specific on my writing goals and there are things that I didn't talk about. 
My WriYe word count goal this year is 250,000 words. I might raise it later but I'm uncertain at this point how much writing I'm going to complete but 250,000 words sounds like a manageable  goal to me. 

This year, my focus is on publishing. I after many changes, I've decided to nix the Call of the Piper as the novel to publish and just start working on Hourglass. I have a lot to work on for that and I've already figured out my plot and start working on my new outline. Hopefully, I'll be able to start revising by this weekend. 

The biggest thing I'm doing differently this year is having a critique partner or two.  I'm actually part of a critique group in one of the writing groups I'm a part of...but I haven't sent anything to them yet. Maybe this will be a good chance to send them something. I also have a few beta readers and a deadline. Some of the other things that I've done differently is join a writing contest. I might join more or try to write for an anthology. Just trying to get my writing out there is important.

I'm most excited for publishing. This is a goal I've been working toward for some time. After lots and lots of research, I finally feel like I have everything ready to publish this year. It's probably not going to go smoothly, but it will be a good experience.

4 comments:

  1. A critique partner / beta reader is something I desperately need, but every attempt to find one has so far resulted in disappointment. I hope you have better luck than me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been having issues with CPs but I found one that is sticking so far. I could also use more CPs so if you are interested, let me know. You can PM me on WriYe (I'm lifeatemymuse).

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is so cool. Good luck with your goals this year. :)

    -Sammy/DevilsLittleSister

    ReplyDelete