Sunday, February 7, 2016

Changing Things Up

After my computer stopped being reliable for school, I decided to get a new one. Now, it still works just fine, other than the battery being terrible but it's still functioning. For the time being, I'll be transferring my documents into an external hard drive until I get a new desktop.

For now, I have a little Netbook like computer. It has a terribly small memory but I'm making due with all my flash drives. It works. I've decided to try a new writing program as well. Since 2009, I used Liquid Story Binder and loved it but lately, I've been wanting to try Scrivener. Partially because LSB hasn't been updating and I need certain things that it doesn't have. I won't feel bad about not using it as my main writing tool because I think I used as much as I spent on it.

I told myself if I ever got a new computer, I would give Scrivener a try. So that's what I'm doing. I have 30 days before it expires and by then, I'll know if I want to use it or not. Not that it would cost me much. I'm still trying to understand it but I think I'm really liking it. It's simple and while it doesn't have everything that LSB has, it has enough to make writing easier.

I'm not getting rid of LSB at all. Heck no. There are certain things that the program has that Scrivener doesn't and I can use it for more than just writing. I could use it for lesson plans. Actually, I was considering using it to hold all of my lesson plans so I can recycle them from time to time.

Anyway, now that I have a slight grasp of what I'm doing, I'm going to put all of my notes for Dowsers into Scrivener and see how much I like it. I know I should start off by writing an actual novel in it, but that will have to wait for another time. I have several novels that need to be written. For now, I'm just focusing on editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment